An ongoing goal of the Association is to encourage greater committee participation. Joining one of these committees can provide you with a forum for learning and networking opportunities, as well as assist you in the development of personal leadership skills.
Committee chairs are appointed to a one-year term and serve at the discretion of the President. IAHA Committees are reconstituted in the early part of each calendar year.
If you are interested in contributing to the success of IAHA, meeting and working with health law colleagues, and developing your communication and leadership skills, consider volunteering. Complete the form below.
Bylaws & Governance Committee
- Reviews the Association bylaws annually and recommends any necessary amendments to the Board
- Meets on an as-needed basis
Shall develop and disseminate information to the Members using contemporary communication delivery tools (LinkedIn, Twitter)
Initiatives include writing Legal Toolkits, the monthly newsletter and the Annual Illinois Health Law Survey and new initiatives for 2017
Meets 5 to 6 times per year via conference call
Identifies health law issues and changes in the law, and plans and supervises regular educational opportunities for all Members, including the Quarterly Lectures
Meets 3 to 4 times per year via conference call
- Works on recruitment and retention of Members, including membership outreach initiatives
- Current initiatives include networking events for Young Attorneys and Law Students, road shows to regional law schools and new initiatives for 2017
- Meets 8 to 10 times per year via conference call
- Plans and manages the mentoring program which trains experienced Members to be mentors and pairs them with both law school students, attorneys new to health care or those who are seeking guidance at various stages of their health care legal careers.
- Mentors share their experiences, provide professional guidance and are prepared to participate in various activities with their mentees, including but not limited to, writing or speaking opportunities, seminar or webinar participation or pro bono activities.
- Meets 4 to 12 times per year via conference call or in person meeting.
- Plans the Annual Health Law Symposium, which includes picking a theme, topics and speakers.
- Symposium on-site assignments – speaker introductions, managing session times
- Meets 6 to 8 times in the first two quarters of the year-members are expected to attend meetings in person
- Chaired by the IAHA President-Elect